The Nematop Adult Vine Weevil Trap is a unique method of controlling adult vine weevils in and around the garden and vegetable plot. This biological control is effective, sustainable and very simple to use. Just place the trap gel side down below the affected plants. Adult vine weevils that hide during the day under the trap become infected with nematodes and die within a few days.
The Weevil Stop Trap can be used from the beginning of May until the end of September. The nematodes in the trap are the most effective within a soil temperature range of12° and 30°C. The nematop® trap is a perfect partner to use alongside the Nemasys Vine Weevil Killer nematodes for the control of vine weevil larvae that is so damaging to the roots of garden plants.
How it Works...
Each Nematop® Weevil-Stop trap contains around 2.5 million insect pathogenic nematodes of the species (Steinernema Carpocapsae) for the control of adult black vine weevils (Otiorhynchus sulcatus).
The nematodes are bedded in 20g of gel, which is pressed into the grooves of the specially designed wooden board. The nematodes remain active for at least 6 weeks. For control simply place the trap gel side down near the attacked shrubs or plants. One board will cover approx 10m² of garden. Water the ground before placing the board if the soil is dry, and then ensure that the board is kept moist - rain or normal hose pipe watering is usually sufficient.
Black Vine Weevils are nocturnal insects, tending to hide during the day. This behaviour is used to our advantage in building the Weevil-Stop trap. Aduit vine weevils will hide under the board during the day, and the microscopic nematodes within the gel penetrate the weevi!, which soon stops feeding and dies within a week. It is possible but not necessary to relocate the board within the application period.
- Remove the nematop trap from the packaging before use. If the gel tries to fall away from the grooves, spray it lightly with water until the gel swells and is fits into the grooves again.
- If possible, lay the trap in the shade under the plants rather than in the strength of the sun where it can dry out.
- One trap is sufficient for every 10m2 of ground or 5 metres run of hedge.
- Vine Weevils love plants in pots - If the container is big enough, a trap can be placed on top of the soii surface.
- Do not use chemical insecticides during the use of biotogicai controls.
- After use the trap can be disposed of just like any waste wood.
- Despatched Thursdays.
- Place in a fridge on delivery.