One application of Nemaslug Slug Killer will provide at least 6 weeks control of all common species of small to medium sized garden slugs.
If you start applying nemaslug early in the season, you can target the young slugs growing under the ground. Unlike chemical pellets, the slug killer nematodes continue to work well during wet weather - exactly when you need protection against slugs
Nemaslug Nematodes are easy to apply using a watering can and do not leave any unsightly residues. Each application of nematodes will provide at least six weeks control of slugs. This is generally enough time for seedlings and bedding plants to get well established. The majority of the slugs will die underground, so don't expect to see dead slugs lying around.
Click on the image to play the 'how to apply...' video.
Apply Nemaslug to moist soil. The soil temperature should be 5ºC or over (this is also when plants start to grow). Nematodes are capable of surviving the odd frost; so don't worry if the temperature falls after you have applied Nemaslug. Slug pellets are reported not to be effective below 7ºC.
Potatoes are susceptible to slug attack later in the season than most other plants. Apply Nemaslug Slug Killer 6 weeks before harvest, when the tubers are most likely to be eaten by slugs. If you have a heavy clay area, ensure you apply Nemaslug to well worked soil. Nemaslug is less effective on cloggy clay soil, which has not been worked and/or has become waterlogged.
- Nemaslug Slug Killer comes in pack sizes to treat 40 sq.m (50 sq.yds) and 100 sq.m (125 sq.yds).
- Once opened, use the entire pack in one application.
Recognising slug damage
- Look for irregular holes with smooth edges on leaves.
- Nearby will be evidence of their slime trials. They are particularly fond of succulent seedlings, which when left unprotected, can be totally destroyed in a single night.
- As well as attacking the leafy parts of plants, slugs will also feast on your fruit and vegetable crop. Slugs will chew holes in your ripening strawberries and tomatoes.
- If your seeds do not seem to have germinated, it is possible that slugs have devoured the emerging seedlings underground.
- Slugs love potatoes, which are of course grown underground, so you cannot see them being attacked.
Nemaslug might affect water snails. To avoid harming them keep the treatment 15 cm away from ponds.
NOTE: Not available till Mid-May 2023
- Despatched Thursdays.
- Place in a fridge on delivery.