AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE AUGUST - BEGINNING OF OCTOBER
Use Nemasys Chafer Grub Killer to deal with a chafer grub infestation, without any of the precautions associated with chemical use.
- Apply to moist lawns between August and early October. This is when the young grub larvae are active and the temperature is above 12ºC (54ºF).
- Immediately after application, water the grass well so the nematodes are washed into the soil to reach the roots where the chafer grubs will be. Make sure the lawn does not dry out after applying nematodes. Keep the lawn well watered for at least two weeks.
- Do not apply too late since the grubs start to move down deeper in the soil and become inactive until the following spring. However, as this move downwards is temperature dependent, in some years it may still be ok to apply later. Generally as long as the grubs are near the surface and the soil temperature is above 12ºC (54ºF), nematodes can still be applied.
- The nematodes (Heterorhabditis bacteriophora) seek out the chafer grubs and attack the pest by entering natural body openings. Once inside, they release bacteria that causes blood poisoning stopping the pest from feeding, quickly killing it. The nematodes then reproduce inside the dead pest and release a new generation of hungry infective nematodes, which disperse and search for further prey.
- Despatched Thursdays.
- Place in a fridge on delivery.